We use cookies to improve your experience on this website. Read More Allow Cookies

Key Info

  • Course CodeCR_BCAMA_8
  • Field of StudyAccounting,Business Information Systems,Business
  • Type of CourseCertificate
  • Type of QualificationCertificate
  • Type of Study Part time
  • Application Closing Date10th September 2018
  • DurationOne Semester
  • Level8
  • LocationCIT Bishopstown Campus
This evening course will focus on developing the fundamental and practical knowledge that new or recent graduates will need to work in capital markets, treasury funds, and the financial sector. The Irish Government has targeted the expansion of the Finance Industry as a key policy objective for the medium term. This evening course will focus on developing the fundamental and practical knowledge that new or recent graduates will need to work in capital markets, treasury funds and the financial sector. The Irish Government has targeted the expansion of the Finance Industry as a key policy objective within the IFS 2020 strategy. Cork has established itself as a top class location for IFS. CIT’s new programme aims to support the location of IFS in Cork.

All part-time programmes at CIT will run subject to sufficient student numbers. Where a programme cannot proceed, applicants will be contacted and advised on alternative study options.

Students should note that Fees quoted relate to the academic year 2018-2019 only and are subject to change on an annual basis. Except where stated, course fees cover the cost of tuition only.

An Information/Registration session will take place on Tuesday 4th September 2018 from 6.00pm to 8.00pm at the CIT Bishopstown Campus. Institute staff will be in attendance to offer career guidance and assistance.


The programme fee is €2,000.

Whilst the Certificate in Capital Markets is suitable for degree holders of any discipline applicants should be aware that the numerical and computer based component (spreadsheets) is significant and all project work will involve the use of financial models and techniques and spreadsheet tools.  

Participants who successfully complete the course should be attractive as potential employees of fund administration and fund management companies, international banks and treasury organisations. The skills developed on this course would also be relevant to entry level positions in the finance department of large organisations.

This evening course will be delivered over one academic semester (January - May) over two evenings for 12 weeks. Participants will be required to attend all classes.

COURSE PROGRAMME, TIMETABLE & FEES

This part time course takes place over 2 evenings a week for one semester and includes a well-structured curriculum to ensure that participant’s time is used wisely. Students will attend lectures for 4 hours two nights a week. This will include classes, weekly laboratory session and talks by industry experts.  

The programme comprises 4 modules each worth 5 credits.

  • Capital Markets
  • Securitisation & Derivatives
  • Valuation & Pricing
  • Capital Markets Regulation

The module descriptors will also provide information on average weekly workload, recommended reading material, assessments and exams.

  • An Honours Degree (Level 8) in any discipline.
  • A Pass Degree (Level 7) combined with some professional experience.
  • Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis and when required candidates may be short listed for an interview.
  • An IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent will be asked of non-EU students when deemed appropriate.  

Springboard

The Springboard+ initiative gives an opportunity to job seekers to access relevant courses in CIT free of charge, while maintaining their benefits. Places are also available on some courses for those eligible in employment who are looking to upskill or homemakers not in receipt of a DSP payment. Those in employment will be required to fund 10%, the HEA will fund the remaining 90%.

See these FAQs and eligibility details.

CIT has developed a website which gives full details of all modules for all courses. The website also has information on recommended textbooks, average weekly workload, assessments and examinations.

For detailed information please click on the individual modules below

Personal Assistant