Course Fee: €1,500
Students may choose between either on-campus or online delivery.
The Certificate in Digital Marketing is an intensive 15 week (1 semester) part-time programme entailing lab work, seminars, and live-case work that is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and confidence required to successfully market business in a digital environment. The programme uses an innovative blend of real-world situations and problems to assist participants in exploring the opportunities of the digital environment.
The industry focus of the programme coupled with the applied nature of teaching provides a practical bedrock of knowledge and experience which can be used to immediate effect in a multitude of business contexts. Participants will explore various social media platforms, website technologies (including mobile), analysis tools and much more in developing a toolbox of skills that is valuable and readily usable in a B2C and B2B environment.
The programme is structured to ensure that participant’s time is used wisely and entails a variety of speakers drawn from the business world. A key tenet of this course is Authentic Assessment, and over 80% of marks for assignments are based around tasks that Digital Marketing Managers might be expected to perform. An innovative blend of lectures, workshops and other teaching methods is used to ensure that the programme is relevant, engaging, and enjoyable.
On-Campus (classroom delivery): 3 ½ full Saturdays and 15 Tuesday evenings over a 15 week period at CIT Bishopstown Campus.
Online: Participants attend all classes online. Webcam and microphone are required and attendees are expected to attend all sessions ‘live’. Three sessions of 2 hours a week during weekdays over a 15 week period.
The programme has been developed to ensure that participants are developing sustainable skills and knowledge that underpin digital marketing. Specifically, the programme aims:
- To develop knowledge of digital marketing tools and technologies in the context of the strategic direction of a business.
- To integrate traditional marketing principles into marketing activity in online and mobile environments.
- To apply practical skills to web design to ensure optimised web/mobile platforms using SEO and content management strategies.
Detailed module information is available here
- Digital Marketing Environment – This module explores the current marketing landscape with emphasis on the challenges posed by the digital context in which many businesses are now operating. This module is delivered using workshops and seminars.
- Digital Advertising and Social Media – This practical lab based module will enable students to formulate an integrated digital marketing communications campaign. Students will also learn how to leverage a company's presence on social media platforms to generate more connections and build relationships with customers.
- Website Optimisation and Analytics – Many businesses are using inefficient and outdated websites that perform poorly in terms of search engine optimisation. This module will focus on the development of websites using existing technologies such as Wordpress and similar content management systems. Participants will explore how to integrate add-ons such as PayPal and social media content with a view to optimising the website from a usability search engine optimisation perspective.
- Applied Digital Marketing Strategy – This module acts as a capstone on the certificate and draws together learning from the above areas with a particular focus on developing a strategic context for content, technology and alternative platforms.
The Certificate in Digital Marketing is part of the Master of Science in Digital Marketing Strategy. Completion of this programme may allow entry to Semester 2 of that Masters programme.