Course fee €975 (includes course textbook)
Course fee does not include exam fee or SME membership, payable to the SME.
Part-time: one evening per week for the academic year.
The course involves a significant proportion of self directed learning. The course is based on a body of knowledge specified for certification by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) which is based in the USA. Its prime aim is to provide recognition for candidates who have several years manufacturing experience but no qualification to show for their work-based expertise.
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Quality Management and Quality Tools
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes
- Facility Layout and Planning
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Occupational Health and Safety
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Note: CIT is not the examining body for this programme but acts as an official exam site.