Course Fee: €1,450 (includes CompTIA 901 and 902 exam fees)
Delivery & Duration
Two evenings per week: Tuesday 6.30pm – 9.30pm and Thursday 6.30pm – 9.30pm with 2 optional Saturdays during the academic year.
The Computing Technology Industry Association has been dedicated to advancing the growth of the Information Technology (IT) industry and those working in it. With more than 19,000 members in 89 countries, CompTIA is the leading Global IT Trade Association with influence in all areas of the IT industry worldwide.
CIT became the first CompTIA CAPP (CompTIA Authorised Partner Programme) to be set up in Ireland. Its most popular accreditations that may be attained from CompTIA are CompTIA A+, Network +, Security+ and Linux+. These courses are delivered under the CIT Cloud Professional Academy, which is focused on delivering courses to Industry in areas of software, infrastructure and big data.
Two exams are necessary to be CompTIA A+ certified:
> CompTIA A+ Essentials, exam code JKO-901
> CompTIA A+ IT Technician, exam code JKO-902
CompTIA A+ Essentials measures the necessary competencies of an entry-level IT professional with a recommended 500 hours of hands-on experience in the lab or field. It tests for technical understanding of computer technology, networking and security, as well as the communication skills and professionalism now required of all entry level IT professionals.
CompTIA A+ IT Technician is an extension of the knowledge and skills identified in CompTIA A+ Essentials, with more of a “hands-on” orientation focused on scenarios in which troubleshooting and tools must be applied to resolve problems.
Computer Trade and Industry Association, and Cork Institute of Technology.
- Installing and Configuring PC Components
- Troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance
- Advanced PC Troubleshooting
- Portable Computer Fundamentals
- Maintaining and Repairing Portable Computers
- Major Windows Structures (OS Windows 7/Linux)
- Optimising Operating Systems
- Safety, Environment, and Customer Issues
- Basic OS Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Printers and Scanners
- Troubleshooting Printer Problems
- Wide Area Networking
- Network Troubleshooting
- Safety and Environmental Issues
- Professionalism and Communication